Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Diplomatic blades

I had an interesting opportunity pop up recently when I was contacted about making a couple of knives to be used as diplomatic gifts between the US Army and a couple of generals in the Mexican Army.  I didn't have a whole lot of time to work with, but I happened to have some prototype mid-tech Benghazi Warfighter and Little Rok blades already ground, heat treated, and powdercoated, so I agreed. 
 
3/16" 80CrV2 steel, TeroTuf handles, and flared stainless steel tube handle rivets.
 



When I was given the names and ranks to be laser engraved in the blades, I was surprised to find that the knives were gifts for the Mexican Secretary of Defense and his Chief of Staff!   :o 
 
 
 
 
It was an honor to be chosen for the task.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment